Lago Maggiore Meeting Industry at the BTC (Meeting and Events Industry Exhibition) in Rimini

The conference destination Lago Maggiore Meeting Industry, as part of the project “Meeting without borders: conferences and incentive trips on Lake Maggiore”, is participating in the 26th edition of BTC, the Meeting and Events Industry Exhibition.

The event will be held at the Fiera di Rimini exhibition centre on 1 and 2 July. Lago Maggiore Meeting Industry will be there with its own stand near the Piedmont Region stand. We  will be presenting the services and conference facilities available in the provinces of Varese, Novara, Verbano Cusio Ossola, and the Canton of Ticino; our offer of locations and high quality services, including accommodation facilities, is second to none, with around 400 hotels and 500 conference halls, to a total seating capacity of almost 50,000.

The high level of interest is shown by the number of appointments (50) already made with buyers and visitors.
The 2009 edition of the BTC saw the participation of 425 exhibitors and 500 leading buyers; 68% were Italian, with the other 32% coming from 21 countries, the majority from Germany, Spain, Poland, United Kingdom, France, USA and the Netherlands.  The overall presences totalled around 6,000 in the two days of the event.

Buyers and visitors to the exhibition were very favourably impressed by the stand presented by the Lago Maggiore conference destination at last year’s event, held on 5 and 6 November at the Nuova Fiera in Rome. One wall of the stand showed a reproduction of the wisteria pergola on Isola Madre, and the whole area was laid out with a real lawn, with wrought iron garden seats, recreating the environment of the villas and gardens of the lake. Over the two days of the exhibition, around 35 contacts were made with Italian and foreign operators, only some of whom had previously booked appointments.

For further information, visit the exhibition’s site – – or contact the Business Promotion Service, tel. 0323-912.833, fax 0323-922054, e-mail,