The Civic Archaeological Museum of Angera returns with many exciting events on the occasion of September in Angera: In fact, this year Angera will host the "Un lago di…vino” (A divine lake; this is a play on words as the Italian “Un lago di…vino” translates literally into A lake of... wine; the two words “di” “vino” if put together form the word “divino” which means “divine”), an exhibition devoted to the winemaking tradition of the area.
Here are the main events, which will be held from September 22nd to 24th:
- Friday, September 22nd, at 6:00 pm, in the courtyard of the Archaeological Museum, "Vinum in fabula. Nunc est bibendum", Latin readings curated by the Civic Library of Angera. Free admission.
- Friday, September 22nd at 9:00 pm you are all invited to the Council Room for the Round Table "La viticoltura angerese tra passato, presente e futuro" (Angera Wine-growing in the Past, Present and Future) which will include the speech "La viticoltura angerese: dalla storia al paesaggio" (Wine-growing in Angera: From History to Landscape) [Guido Scattolini] and speeches on the present and the future of I.G.T. Ronchi Varesini. Tasting will follow. Free Admission.
- Saturday, September 23rd from 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm we will be waiting for you at the Archaeological Museum with "Patrimonio in vita, patrimonio in...vite" (Heritage in Life, Heritage in...Vines) repeated guided tours devoted to the area’s winemaking tradition. An opportunity to celebrate grapes and the European Heritage Days together. Free admission.
- On Saturday, September 23rd at 9:00 pm in the Council Room, it is time to for a repertoire of Renaissance music dedicated to wine with the concert "In Vino" (In Wine) presented by the wonderful Company La Rossignol, specialised in ancient music, followed by a wine tasting organised by Cascina Piano. Free admission subject to availability.
- Sunday, September 24th at 3:00 pm "The Long Life of the Vine", guided tour and workshop at the archaeological museum and Diffuso for children aged 7 to 12. The appointment is at the Archaeological Museum. Free event by reservation: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On Sunday, September 24th at 6:00 pm, you can raise your glasses with "Note di vino", (Notes of Wine) a multi-sensory experience that includes the tasting of local wines paired with musical pieces played by a clarinet and harp duo. The songs were specifically designed to enhance some particular notes of the wines we will be tasting. The event will take place in the courtyard of the Archaeological Museum in via Marconi 2. In case of bad weather, the event will be held in the Council Room. Free event upon reservation by 5:00 pm on Friday, September 22nd: email@example.com