Villa Taranto’s Botanical Gardens will reopen to the public on Saturday March 12th, well in advance of the previous years. Closing is scheduled for November 1, 2022 and there will be 235 uninterrupted opening days, holidays included.
Here are the most important events inside the park:
- Like every year, the traditional "Festa delle bulbose" (Bulbous plant Festival) will take place on April 3rd. Inaugurated by the will of Captain Neil McEacharn way back in 1957, it makes this period a unique experience, over 80,000 bulbous plants blooming in the park (Crocuses, Daffodils, Grape Hyacinths and Tulips).
- Turista nella tua Città: (Tourist in Your City): The first of the days with free entrance, for residents in the Municipality of Verbania, will be Sunday March 13th and then it will continue on every first Sunday of the month: April 3rd, May 1st, June 5th, July 3rd, August 7th, September 4th, October 2nd and the last day of opening on November 1st
- Colori senza confini (Boundless Colors), splendid flowerings of Azaleas and Rhododendrons from mid-April to mid-May.
- Fiori d'acqua, (Water flowers), from June to August; let yourself be captivated by the species of water lilies present in the small lakes along the route and by the winding water basin that houses the Nelumbo Nucifera, a lotus flower, with fleshy and fragrant pink-colored petals.
- Victoria Cruziana, to be admired from mid-June to mid-October, is considered "the queen of aquatic plants" native to the areas of the great river basins of South America (Amazon River, Paranà River).
- La Mostra delle Dahlie (The Exhibition of Dahlias), visible from mid-July to the end of October, offers the flowering of over three hundred varieties along an intricate path.
- Fall Foliage, all the rage nowadays, allows you to enjoy shades of fall foliage, taking us back to the thought that everything has a beginning ... and everything has an end ....