The II edition of the HOKA ONE ONE Monterosa EST Himalayan Trail is here and it will be an event full of novelties!
The race, which is part of the SPORT PRO MOTION A.S.D., includes various distances, all on the slopes of the EAST face of Monte Rosa:
- ULTRA 105K: this is the distance for the most expert athletes. The departure is scheduled for 4 am on Saturday 17th. The route is to be completed in 36 hours with an elevation D+ of 8000m, and its highest point it at the Passo del Monte Moro (Monte Moro Pass) at 2,868m. To participate, runners must have acquired 3 ITRA Points in a single race held from January 1st, 2018 to December 31st, 2020. For further details and to download the course, click HERE
- EPIC 60K: Departure scheduled for 5 am on Saturday 17th. Here too the highest point is at the Passo del Monte Moro (Monte Moro Pass) (2,868m). The route must be completed in 18h and has a total elevation D+ of 47000m. For details and course, click HERE.
- SKY 38K: Departure scheduled for 6 in the morning of July 17th. The highest point is again the Passo del Monte Moro (Monte Moro Pass) and the route must be completed in 12.5 hours and the overall difference in height is 3100 meters. Details and course QUI.
- CHALLENGE 22k: starts at 8:30 am and will lead the athletes to complete the 1,700m D + in a time of 7.5 hours. The highest point is at the Funivia Rosareccio (Roasareccio cable car) at 2,151 meters altitude. For all the details, click: HERE.
- SHORT 14K: departure at 9 am. The route is to be completed in 5 hours and has a difference in altitude of 850 meters. The highest point of the route is Alpe Bletz (1,714m). Details and course QUI.
The event awards ITRA points, 5 for the 105K, 3 for the 60K, 2 for the 38K and 1 for the 22K.
Registration can already be made. To register go to the website https://meht.it/. The maximum number of participants is set at 300 for each type of race with the exception of the SHORT 14K for which the number of participants is limited to 100.