Toce waterfall, situated at an altitude of 1,675 meters, is considered one of the most spectacular in the Alps.
Fed by the river Toce - that it is formed in Riale by the confluence of streams Hosand, Gries and Rhoni - the waterfall has always been a favorite tourist destination, and it has been appreciated over the years by famous visitors such as Richard Wagner, Gabriele D' Annunzio, Queen Margaret, the King Vittorio Emanuele III and Giosuè Carducci.
The spectacle offered by Toce waterfall, one of the most beautiful in Italy, is attended every year by thousands of tourists and residents, attracted by the picturesque view of the Lepontine Alps.
The waterfall is open until September 18 at the following times:
- Monday to Saturday: from 11.30 am to 1.30 pm
- Sunday: from 10.00 to 16.00
During the month of August, in some special days, the waterfall is open with extended hours:
- from Thursday 11 to Saturday 13 and from Tuesday 16 to Saturday 20: from 10 am to 4 pm
- Sunday 14 and Monday 15: from 10 am to 6 pm
- Friday, 26: from 8 am to 10 am and from 11.30 am to 1.30 pm
- Sunday, September 25: from 10 am to 4 pm