Bognanco thermal baths
How to get
By train: the nearest railway station is Domodossola; there is a public bus service to Bognanco.
The healing properties of the Bognanco thermal baths were discovered in 1863, when Father Tichelli discovered a spring with therapeutic properties, which were made known 6 years later after Dr. Albasini carried out scientific studies.
The healing water flows out from three springs: the Ausonia spring, the S. Lorenzo spring and the Gaudenziana spring.
In 1893, building began on hotels and resorts to cater for foreigners, who wished to make use of the therapeutic waters. In this way the town became a tourist resort, offering many services, which included the Spa, which offers inhalation therapy, carbonic baths and hydropic therapy.
Moreover, the Bognanco thermal baths offer healing and beauty massages, whirlpool tubs, physiotherapy treatments and saunas.