How to get
The Ponti Villas are a complex of three residential villas built between the 18th and 19th centuries, and have been owned by Varese Chamber of Commerce since 1960. They are Villa Napoleonica, Villa Andrea and Le Sellerie, and all have meeting and conference facilities.
The Pontis, a family of Lombard textile entrepreneurs, purchased Villa Napoleonica and its grounds in 1838, and later added Villa Andrea and the service quarters Le Sellerie.
Dating from the 17th century, Villa Napoleonica is the oldest building in the complex. Its neo-classical appearance is the result of extension work carried out between 1820 and 1830. The Villa is thought to have been built over a pre-existing church, of which traces of a Gothic arch are still visible on the western side. To the eastern side is a long ramp formed by part of the garden landscaping, which forms the base for two converging flights of steps. The interior is embellished with frescoed ceilings and period furniture.
The splendid Villa Andrea has more the appearance of a palazzo, with architectural features such as obelisks and columns; its 10 spacious rooms on three floors are used for conferences and congresses. The interior is richly decorated with works by celebrated Lombard artists, with frescoes by Bertini, and valuable paintings by Focosi and Bianchi. Superb Murano glass lamps and bronze statues give the main salon a matchless elegance.
Le Sellerie in contrast were the 18th century stables, and still retain their “snow roof”, formed of sturdy crossed wooden beams designed to withstand the weight of a heavy snowfall. Conference facilities are available here too.
Like all the villas of Varese, the Ponti Villas are surrounded by large botanic gardens which are an oasis of restful nature for visitors. You can walk round the garden following a series of information panels indicating the most interesting tree species.
Event and congress reservation