The Parish church of Borgomanero, dedicated to St Bartholomew, was built in the 13th century, but altered and enlarged in the centuries before the renovation of 1680, when the great vault was constructed and the presbytery raised.
The “Triumph of the Virgin”, a sort of balcony where the administrators of the County of Novara sat when they were sworn in as public officials, was erected around the same time.
The church contains valuable frescoes and oil paintings by distinguished artists working between the 14th and 17th centuries, including Morazzone, a renowned artist of the “Lombard school”. At the beginning of the 17th century he frescoed the Chapel of San Rocco and soon after the Chapel of San Carlo. Morazzone’s frescoes include depictions of St Lawrence the Deacon and St Lawrence of the Well, episodes from the life of St Roche, and San Carlo Borromeo in Glory.