Villa De Angeli Frua, which now houses the Town Council of Laveno Mombello, is in the historic centre of the town, a short distance from the lake.
The villa, which dates from the second half of the 18th century, was built by the rich Tinelli family, becoming the property of the De Angeli Frua family at the end of the 19th century. Garibaldi spoke to the populace from the balcony overlooking the square on a visit to the town in 1862. The villa was extensively restored in 1997 before the Town Council took it over.
The building opens onto a park with magnificent, mature trees, many typical of the lake environment, and offers an exceptionally fine view over Lake Maggiore. The park and the villa are open to the public from spring to autumn.