The Church of San Giuseppe was built in 1504 as an oratory of the Confraternity of the Blessed Conception and of the Banner, but took on its present appearance only in 1598 when it was extended.
The façade was originally constructed in 1593, but was remodelled in Baroque style in 1725 to a design by the Varese artist Giovanni Antonio Speroni.
In plan it is a rectangular nave with apse. The choir, frescoed by Giovan Battista Ronchelli with “The stories of St Joseph”, is divided from the public church by a wooden icon screen with twenty-seven fine carved stalls.
The interior is decorated with several 17th century frescoes and stuccos which were restored in May 1992. Outstanding among the frescoes are, on the left wall, “The stories of Adam and Eve” by Antonio Rancati dating from the mid-17th century, and on the central part of the choir, “The Immaculate Conception” attributed to Giulio Cesare Procaccini (1607-1675); the choir vault shows the blazon of the Confraternity of the Blessed Conception and of the Banner in white and gilded stucco, made in the late 17th-early 18th centuries.